To connect Locally with Microsoft RMS, follow these instructions:
Set Up Dropbox
- Download Dropbox here
- Create a Dropbox folder and name it "Locally"
- Hover over the "Locally" folder and click "Share"
- Share the folder with email@example.com and ensure that the permissions are set to "Can Edit"
Create a Windows Batch Script
This script will create and send your inventory file
- Open Notepad or any other text editor
- Create a new file and name it "LocallyRMS.bat"
- Copy and paste the following script, replacing all highlighted portions with your information. For this to work, you must copy the script exactly and ensure that all of your information is correct
- Note that the line breaks are to clarify the instructions. The script should be one continuous line
-U YOUR DATABASE SERVER USERNAME
-P YOUR DATABASE SERVER PASSWORD
-S SERVER NAME
-d DATABASE NAME
-Q "set nocount on; SELECT ItemLookupCode, CAST(Quantity AS Integer) FROM Item WHERE Quantity > 0"
-o "D:\Dropbox\Locally\ MyStore.txt"-h-1-s","-W
- "MyStore.txt" is the name of your inventory file. It can be anything you'd like
- If you are unsure of any of your information, you can find it by going to SQL Server Management Studio and selecting "New Query"
- To find your server name, type "SELECT @@ServerName" and run the query
- To find your username, type "SELECT HOST_NAME() AS HostName, SUSER_NAME() LoggedInUser" and run the query
- To find your database name, type "SELECT DB_NAME()" and run the query
- Save the file as "LocallyRMS.bat" and change the file type from "txt" to "all files"
- Note the destination that you save this file (for example: C:\Locally\LocallyRMS.bat)
Schedule the Batch Script to Run Automatically
- In the Start menu, type "task scheduler" and open the Task Scheduler
- In the right-hand menu, under "Actions", select "Create Task"
- Under "General", name this task anything you'd like (example: Locally) and add a description (optional)
- In the "Security Options" section of the "General" tab, select a user with administrative privileges and select "Run whether user is logged on or not"
- Check the box that says "Run with highest privileges"
- Click on the "Triggers" tab, and select "New"
- Use the "Begin the task" drop-down menu to select "On a Schedule", then under Settings select "Daily"
- Optional: Have your inventory send every hour by selecting "Repeat task every:" under "Advanced Settings" and choosing "1 hour" from the drop-down menu
- Click on the "Actions" tab, and select "New"
- Use the "Action" drop-down menu to select the "Start a program" option
- Under "Program/Script", browse for the batch file you created in the previous section or enter the file path (for example: C:\Locally\LocallyRMS.bat), then click "OK" to finish creating your task
Note: If you own multiple stores, you'll need to repeat this process to create an inventory file for each location. Simply change the names of your file ("MyStore.txt" in the batch script) and let us know which file is for which location.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
Next Step: Activate Buy It Locally