Locally needs three main sets of information from you to get started:
Authorized Dealer List
This should contain the following fields:
- store name
- your internal vendor id for your use to cross reference
Our system will add the needed dialing codes, so for phones, please provide the local number. For most non-North American phone numbers, it is the phone number that starts with 0 (and not +XX without the 0)
Optional: website URL, categories. If you have multiple categories, please separate them with commas. Categories are case-sensitive and cannot contain spaces to function correctly.
Please review Dealer List Categories to see all your category options. If you'd like to launch with any of those functions, please include categories per store. Note that any category in a filter will be global and used for all countries as the same store locator is installed for all. You can download a template, which is attached at the end of this article.
Note that we work with brick and mortar locations only. Online/E-Commerce shops will not show up as all of our services are geo-location based. The few brands that would like those displayed, generally make a new page on their site for online dealers or add store icons below the Store Locator install.
Start by providing a current UPC list (this is often a retailer order form or similar) that contains the following:
- UPC (or EAN)
- Product Name
- Style Number
- Taxonomy/Category (for example Shoes > Running > Trail)
- Image URL*
- Short Description*
- Brand (if your feed includes other brands you sell outside of your brand so we can filter)
* Image URL's and short descriptions may be provided within the main UPC list file or in a separate file. If the latter, you must include UPC. You can provide these via a product feed - Channel Advisor, Google Shopping, or similar - by giving us access to an existing feed or generating a new one for us. If you use Salsify, we'll provide you instructions to transmit product info to us via our Salsify integration.
Adding Country Support
- UPC/EAN and Unit MSRP for Local Currency
- UPC/EAN and Product Name Translations
- UPC/EAN or Style Number and Product Style Description Translations
Note that if the new country has different UPCs/EANs, please provide us with the full catalog product catalog as described above. To add additional countries after contract start, contact your Account Manager.
Key Account List
Please provide Locally with a list of key retailer accounts that should be prioritized for activation. There is no required format. Most clients provide this by either sending a standalone spreadsheet or by adding a category tag on their dealer list that denotes 'key account' status.
New to the Brand Team or just need a refresher?
See Also: Store Locator Overview and Product Locator Overview